PEPS’ main objective is to produce young men & women with a keen sense of discipline, initiative, integrity, self-reliance, loyalty and leadership qualities.
The Concept and Context of Values Education
Meaning of Values:
- Values are defined as everything from eternal ideas and guiding principles that lead to desirable behavioural and positive patterns.
- They provide an important basis for individual choices based on connecting thoughts, feelings and emotions leading to positive action.
- Concern about degeneration of values.
- Impact of change on children and youth.
- Dys – functional families, increased crime and violence, effect of media and information overload.
- The competitive mindset among students, parents, teachers.
- Holistic development of the child while addressing the head and the heart.
- Revisiting values and making everyone aware of eroding values.
- Creating balance between child and community.
- An education that connects the heart, head and hand.
- Inculcating the understanding of Interdependence between family, society, nation and the world.
- Bringing in a pro-active social conscience.
- Improvement of the quality of education.
- Maintaining Harmony and Peace with self and others.
- Need to prioritize Values Education in the curriculum.
- Integrating Values Education into school activities.
- Defining focus areas and planning for realizing desired objectives.