Some of the ways in which a Mathematics Laboratory can contribute to the learning of the subject are:
- It provides an opportunity to students to understand and internalize the basic mathematical concepts through concrete objects.
- It enables the students to verify or discover several geometrical properties and facts using models or by paper cutting and folding techniques.
- It helps the students to build interest and confidence in learning the subject.
- The laboratory allows and encourages the students to think, discuss and assimilate the concepts in a more effective manner.
- It enables the teacher to demonstrate, explain and reinforce abstract mathematical ideas by using concrete objects, models, charts, graphs, pictures, posters, etc.